AT17

AT17
The blog will now be devoted not to boat building but to my 82-year-old Vertue, Sally II, now undergoing a well needed refit at Johnson & Loftus in Ullapool (and gliding...)

Friday 18 February 2011

Time for a new Header

The old Oughtred faering I built has been popped back in its folder, to be replaced by a 15ft sjekte I built for a Sussex lake a year or so back. She was, to be honest, somewhat wasted on the water; a bit small for her, but she made a pretty enough picture, laid out on the bank under a washed out Sussex sky that day we went to launch her.

Probably my favourite rowing boat in terms of aesthetics to date. Quite narrow on the waterline, but that's fine for speed one up, and then as she settles with more crew she becomes more sedate.  What do you think? Be honest...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful boat, great photo, nice looking header, but I miss the faering already. Perhaps if I knew it was coming back into the rotation at some point the sense of loss wouldn't be so great.

    Back to the current boat photo; as much as I like it as a dramatic header photo, it does distort the lines of the boat a bit. How about a post with three or four photos of the sjekte so I can get a better sense of her lines. Do you take requests? Well, you asked what I thought.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete