AT17

AT17
The blog will now be devoted not to boat building but to my 82-year-old Vertue, Sally II, now undergoing a well needed refit at Johnson & Loftus in Ullapool (and gliding...)

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Time for a New Photo...

This one was built for a freshwater loch in the Highlands, for salmon trawling. The owner didn't much like it and preferred the one he had for many years previously, pictured below. I offered to buy her back. I suppose it's what you get used to, like a comfortable old pair of trousers...

2 comments:

  1. The new picture is so beautiful. I can't stop staring at it.

    I see what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... the owner didn't like Freshwater?!
    And to think of all those hours spent holding your pencil and trying to kill you with my risottos while she took shape.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete