AT17

AT17
The blog will now be devoted not to boat building but to my 82-year-old Vertue, Sally II, now undergoing a well needed refit at Johnson & Loftus in Ullapool (and gliding...)

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Down the Road

Philip and Liz arrived last Monday to collect their new boat. No time to launch but we did raise the mast before strapping her to the trailer for the long haul south.

 I am quite pleased with the larch sheer strake, which adds a touch of class and various small modifications to the layout.

Steve Hall made the sails, and Jeremy Freeland the spars. The long-suffering Alec Jordan kitted the boat and. incidentally, if anyone wants to build one I have the jig available for sale or hire, which would represent a considerable saving.

What can I say? A very nice boat for a very pleasant couple who will, I hope, have many pleasant hours sailing her.


No comments:

Post a Comment